Wondering what makes a technology copywriter tick?
My name is Leslie P. Worley. Just “Les” to people who know me. After a long technical career, I decided to focus on my passion for writing – writing about the very industries I’ve been passionate about for so many years.
When I was a kid, there were no home computers. Computers were just rooms and rooms (or buildings!) full of thousands of transistors and electrical circuits that did gosh-knows-what. Or they ran the bridge of the Enterprise or the Time Tunnel, covered with the odd flashing lights and talked in a mechanical voice.
But I was enthralled. By the time I was a senior, my high school was bestowed with a priceless gift (at least in my eyes): the first Radio Shack TRS-80 computer. And I got a coveted spot in the school’s first and only computer class.
That pretty much did it for me. A few years later, I graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, from Texas A&M School of Engineering.
Combining this with persuasive and technical writing, I expressed a set of abilities that progressed over the years:
- Designing and building software solutions
- Leading teams to create those solutions
- Managing IT that built and consumed those solutions, and
- Simplifying it all so it could be understood and approved by those bewildered by technical intricacies
These experiences and abilities, along with a skill for clear, concise writing, have led me to where I am today.
I’ve been in the software trenches myself … I’ve led the IT departments that have to purchase, justify and use the software … And I’ve been one of those executives who needed to be convinced to purchase it. These are some of what makes me unique in what I do.
- Bachelors of Science, Computer Science Texas A&M University, School of Engineering – Distinguished Student Award
- American Writers & Artists, Inc. (AWAI)
- Professional Writers’ Alliance
- AWAI’s Circle of Success
- Trained in
- High-Performance B2B Copy
- White papers
- Case studies
- And more!
- Software Developer – Packaged and custom software control systems
- Software Architect – Commercial automation software for manufacturing
- Director IT Operations and Development – Internet and web hosting startup
- Sr. Director, Software Development – US/global telecom and cloud provider
- Freelance Copywriter B2B / B2C
Just in case anyone wonders if I am real …
I am a long-time resident of planet Earth. Beside being a writer and technology geek, I’m a voracious reader, an avid cook, and a closet musician, among other things. I’ve traveled the world pretty widely, and even called Mexico home for a number of years.
Right now, we’ve made our home back in the USA, in a renovated 1920’s home in a funky older neighborhood of Dallas, Texas. It has a fenced yard to contain our kiddo – a blue merle miniature Australian Shepherd, with blue eyes!
Find out more …
- What makes me different
- The services I offer my clients
- What my clients are saying
- Some examples of my writing
Or just contact me to find out how I can help with your marketing projects.